Re: [NTLK] NetHopper and eMate issue

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent.daudelin_at_verizon.net)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 20:48:50 PST

on 13/01/04 21:13, Karl Miller at spcmiller_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> O.k., so I've got NetHopper 3.2 on my eMate (courtesy
> of my Q700!) and I have it set to dial into my
> Earthlink account, and I entered all the information.
> But, when it dials in, it sends all the information,
> but then it sits and searches for my home web page for
> an eternity...eventually winding up with nothing. Is
> there something I have to do to configure NetHopper
> beyond what is already in the program? Or, my eMate?
> I would really like to use the little guy while
> traveling to check my email and various web pages, but
> he's fighting it every step of the way.

If the eMate sits there looking for your home web page, then it probably
means that something is missing in the Internet setup you're using. See if
you have all information. If you can dial into the same account from another
computer, then you could check the dial-up configuration on that computer
and make sure that everything is properly entered in the internet setup on
your eMate.

-Laurent.

fudge: 1. vt. To perform in an incomplete but marginally acceptable way,
particularly with respect to the writing of a program. "I didn't feel like
going through that pain and suffering, so I fudged it -- I'll fix it later."
2. n. The resulting code.
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html