[NTLK] Display visibility

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Tue Jan 13 2004 - 15:08:29 PST

Hi all

I just want to let people know about a service that Frank Gruendel and
Dr. Newton offer.

I have been using a 2100 for about two years and only have one serious
complaint and that is the difficulty I have in seeing the the screen,
only partially the Newtons fault. I then recently got a 120 in a swap
and was amazed by how much more readable it was due to larger pixel
size, lack of anti-glare coating and better reflectivity of ambient
light. It was os 1.3 which I was not happy about.

I had several discussions with Frank Gruendel and he prepared a 130 for
me. He did preventive maintenance, cleaning and installed a new 120
digitizer on the 130 display, poorer reflectivity but has a backlight.
For me it is a better book reader than the 2100 and does most of what I
need to do, though I still use both.

I recommend Frank for the quality of his work and and his communication
with me to assure that I got what I wanted. If anyone else has lost
some of their youthful visual acuity and wishes their Newt was easier
to see, this is a good solution.

Woody

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html