Re: [NTLK] New year for UNNA, and some changes

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Wed Jan 07 2004 - 00:43:47 PST

>Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 16:27:43 -0500
>From: Victor Rehorst <victor_at_newtontalk.net>
>Subject: [NTLK] New year for UNNA, and some changes

[...]

>First of all, there was a UNNA update on January 2nd. You can read all about
>what was added at the UNNA News page:
>
>http://www.unna.org/news/

Folks, 2/3 of the Christmas Craze-books are already online and available
for your perusal. Many thanks to the Godfather of Newton Archives for the
speedy processing! For the other books still in the processing queue
http://toronto.unna.org/cgi-bin/unna/list.cgi, drop me a line if you can't
hold out. ;=}

>Also, the mirrors that were at http://toronto.unna.org/ are now at:
>
>http://mirrors.unna.org/

Does this mean the mirrors will now even be available when toronto isn't
accessible?

>Also, I am working on writing a nice looking directory browser for UNNA, to
>make things easier to look at and allow it to access a database to pull file
>and directory descriptions! The viewer part is almost done, after that will
>be the database. Of course, this will apply to all of the mirror sites.

Big shout out to you, Victor! This has got me fairly excited. If you get
some (all?) of the improvements in place you'd mentioned, a good thing will
become much better. Especially the books section... ;=}

Awed,

DJV.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html