[NTLK] New year for UNNA, and some changes

From: Victor Rehorst (victor_at_newtontalk.net)
Date: Tue Jan 06 2004 - 13:27:43 PST

Hey all of you out there in the Newton community,

It's me, your local friendly list administrator and file archive guy. It's a
new year and it's still a good time to be a Newton user. At least from where
I'm sitting. I've been making some changes over at UNNA and I just thought
y'all might be interested.

First of all, there was a UNNA update on January 2nd. You can read all about
what was added at the UNNA News page:

http://www.unna.org/news/

Second of all, some stuff has been moving around. In particular there are
new "official" URLs for certain things that aren't part of UNNA but still
useful for Newton users.

WikiWikiNewt: http://tools.unna.org/wikiwikinewt/
Newton Glossary: http://tools.unna.org/glossary/
Newton Error DB: http://tools.unna.org/errors/

Also, the mirrors that were at http://toronto.unna.org/ are now at:

http://mirrors.unna.org/

Note that none of this should break any URLs: they will automatically
redirect to the new URLs.

Also, I am working on writing a nice looking directory browser for UNNA, to
make things easier to look at and allow it to access a database to pull file
and directory descriptions! The viewer part is almost done, after that will
be the database. Of course, this will apply to all of the mirror sites.

That's all from me for now!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html