[NTLK] [Worse OT] More family fun. Re: Templars was Re: newtontalk Digest V4 #124

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sat Feb 28 2004 - 05:52:13 PST

>Date: Fri, 27 Feb 2004 23:49:08 -0600
>From: nturnage1_at_satx.rr.com
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Templars was Re: newtontalk Digest V4 #124
>
>Jesus' father was a decendant of David and Solomon.

No, he wasn't. Josef *was* a descendant of David, father of Solomon, but he
was Jesus step-dad, technically speaking.

> He would have had siblings and the lineage of David would have continued
>through them.

Indeed, but they'd only be related to Jesus through their mother Mary as
halfbrothers and halfsisters. The burial box of Jesus' brother James is a
hoax, BTW (see http://www.bibleinterp.com/articles/Chadwick_Indications.htm).

> Some people say the Jesus got jiggy (sorry for being crude) with Mary
> Magdelen (sp?), but I don't know if that is true or not.

Haven't read this one before. Anybody got a Newton ebook of the Apogrypha
(e.g. New Testament Apogrypha see
http://www.comparative-religion.com/christianity/apocrypha and
http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/apocrypha.html, Old Testament
Apogrypha see http://wesley.nnu.edu/noncanon/apocrypha.htm) handy? I don't
think this is in the four gospels. The musical Jesus Christ Superstar
introduces this possibility - I believe for dramatical purposes only
("Gotta get some love interest into that thing or the whole project will
sink like a rock with our free-love, new-agey hippie audience!"). I
wouldn't credit a musical as credible source on that, the guy who wrote
that was

at least as batty and w/o the slightest clue as yer old pal

'Kasko.