Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V4 #122

From: MKow1234_at_aol.com
Date: Thu Feb 26 2004 - 06:30:28 PST

I experimented some more with my MP 2100 and Toshiba e335 Pocket PC the other
day. I finally succeeded in beaming (text files only) from the Pocket PC to
the Newton. As in John's case, I was only able to beam one way (from the
Pocket PC to the Newton). Can our resident rockt scientists help us out?

Also, I've noticed that I can't transfer anything from my Newton to my
desktop (using NCU). A dialog box appears, asking me to specify the program to use
in interpreting the transferred file. How do I specify a program for the
transfer? Also, what is "Sidekick for Windows"? Was this an archaic file
trasnfer program for Windows?

"I was well on my way to making some Newton converts until the we discovered
 that beaming seems to be only one way."