Re: [NTLK] [OT] Apple, Design and "Different" (Was: "Where would Newton would be today)

From: Jim Witte (jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 22:19:41 PST

On Feb 23, 2004, at 5:07 PM, Jared Bland wrote:
> Anything that burns your lap should be redesigned. A laptop is not
> meant for a desk. It's meant for your lap. Again, don't make excuses

   Just to note about that: I saw a brief in Scientific American a while
back about some group that's made a new kind of heat sink with
microscopic channels filled with liquid methanol. The methanol heats
up, vaporizes, flows to the outside of the heat sink, dumps the heat,
re-liquifies, and repeats the cycle. I REALLY want Apple to put this
into their next laptops! I'm almost tempted to try to get some cut to
size, then go to some Apple store and say, "excuse me, could you have
an authorized Apple service technician install *these* heat-sinks in my
iBook? Here's a schematic showing where they will fit..."

Jim Witte
jswitte_at_bloomington.in.us
Indiana University CS

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html