Re: [NTLK] Problems connecting to my MessagePad

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 13:45:09 PST

On Feb 24, 2004, at 12:35 PM, Cheezy wrote:

> I've been trying to connect to my Newton using Escale or Delivery,
> under Panther and none will work. I mean, the apps launch, wait for the
> Newton but everytime I try to connect the Dock from the Newt' it says
> it can't find the computer. My connection is ok since I can see the Mac
> when browsing computers from the Dock app, and I can fetch my mail and
> connect to the internet. Could my Netgear router be a possible cause ?
> Are there any specific settings to do on the router or the Newt ?

I don't think it has squat to do with your router, but I could be
wrong...
I think this is just kind of the current shaky state of the eScale
binary distributions.

Did you install the Dock TCP component on your Newt?

I can get it work via TCP/IP (no appletalk) but it usually will
install one package, give an error message and then needs a restart.

So it's not exactly ready for production yet, but is not far away
either.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html