Re: [NTLK] NewtSync and iCal

From: Zwerling (mail_at_zwerling.ns.ca)
Date: Tue Feb 24 2004 - 10:13:36 PST

I am able to connect my MP130 to my G4 using nSync with Panther 10.3.2
via a Keyspan USB to serial connection. I have no trouble making
connections. I can sync addresses using AddressSync or AddressSyncPlus
successfully. Although I can sync Dates and ToDos to iCal with ToDoSync
and DateSync for iCal 1.5.2, the outcome is poor. Specifically, I can
sync ToDos accurately - no problems here at all. Dates with even times
(on the hour) that repeat have synced okay. Dates with out repeats have
synced okay or one hour late. Dates timed off the hour sync one hour
late. Some repeat dates did not sync. Newton events do not sync.

This is the best I have been able to achieve in Newton to desktop
calendar syncing. I would love to have it working well and trustworthy
- that's the real issue - I can't trust the syncing.

My current solution is to use the Newton as my main calendar and sync
to a new iCal calendar each sync session. I then check the new iCal and
correct it. I must add the missing bits by entering them by hand or
duplicating them from the previous calendar version. I then use iCal to
view this "Newton iCal Ver xx" with iCal other calendars (colleagues,
family, holidays, etc). This can be time consuming.

  I will await a fix as patiently as I can, I guess.

Many thanks to those who have got us along this far in the sync
program. I hope the solutions are easy to accomplish. I admire those
with the skill to tackle this, and the time to put in to it.

Regards,

Stephen Zwerling
MP H1000, MP 130

Nova Scotia, Canada