Re: [NTLK] eMate hinge - Should I be w.

From: Woody Smith (woody_at_bitstream.net)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 15:53:15 PST

Winston
Were you able to detect any change in opening resistance after applying
the oil? The eMates that I have opened in some cases had clean hinges
with good lubricant, in other cases the grease was dry and sticky like
glue while others were filled with grit. About half have some degree
of progression toward failure.
Watch for any changes in force required to open the display especially
a sudden reduction in force.
Woody

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html