[NTLK] Dead Spots - Removed Painlessly

From: Newtopia (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 14:54:26 PST

Fellow Newtonians,
I had a thread about some "dead spots" on my MP 2100 recently.

[NTLK]
Dead spots on 2100 display
Have SER001, will travel... maybe as far as Germany
Screen Sensitivity help needed
[NTLK]

Recap:
        The entire screen would behave normally (screen pressure) if I began
in a known good spot, but then traveled over a dead spot. But if I initiated
contact in one of these dead spots, no matter how hard I pressed, it
wouldn't register any input.

What Frank said:
Frank suggested backing-up, doing a Brain Wipe (BW), then installing only
his NewtTest to run the digitizer test, which I did. Now, post BW and in the
test, it reveals no dead spots any longer! I'm not sure why this would work,
but it did. I had three know spots that would not work and they all behave
as well as the entire screen as they should. Nice and easy even pressure and
now the Newton has been flawless ever since.

Thanks Frank! I'll be sending you some Single-Malt anyway, consider it a
thank-you for this issue and all the rest of mine in the past! Send me an
offline message as to where is should be sent!

Regards,

Paul Curtis - USA/OR
MP 120 v2.0/130/2100
Michigan State Spartans - Go Green! Go White!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html