Re: [NTLK] Apple, Design and "Different" (Was: "Where would Newton would be today)

From: Newtopia (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Mon Feb 23 2004 - 14:15:25 PST

It's a big ship to turn when the Captain has a death grip on the wheel.

And honestly, why would you want a techno-wanabe-dweeb switching/converting
to Apple? Leave them for Falcon Northwest, Voodoo and AlienWare. Dell even
has those stupid "clip" on designer accessories for its laptops. I like my
biegeness, I actually thought about painting a chassis "Indigo" like Sun's
boxes, hmmmm maybe I will!

I get what you're trying to say, and appreciate it - you're gonna have to
look for the inner-beauty for now. Except for iSight, now that is a really
nice camera, just paint it "Blueberry"!

Regards,

Paul Curtis - USA/OR
MP 120 v2.0/130/2100
Michigan State Spartans - Go Green! Go White!

Thanks for your thoughtful response. I understand the OS and the Apps
are what really matter in the end, but I was talking about
switchers/converts for a moment there. They will not be attracted to
the OS (atleast the average consumer won't) as much as they would be to
the hardware. When you pull out your 'Book at the airport, Starbucks
or other public place, do people stare out of envy of your OS, or the
design of the hardware?

About the OS. In my own experience, Panther has been almost a complete
nightmare. The look is more professional, which is a good thing - but
it acts like OS 9 (sans apps taking down the entire system). Crashing
here, crashing there. Not a pretty sight.

I don't NOT like the look of Apple's machines. I'm just saying they
need to do something truly "different", or change their marketing
slogan to "Think Refreshed" (talking about refreshing the lines, vs
creating new markets and totally revamping old products with a fresh,
new look.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html