[NTLK] Intertext - maybe; Universal Newton Book Format (was Multi-format book packages)

From: DJ Vollkasko (DJ_Vollkasko_at_gmx.net)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 05:06:22 PST

>Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2004 21:52:55 -0800
>From: Dale Steele <dtsteele_at_mac.com>
>Subject: [NTLK] Multi-format Books?
>
>Does the double page format option I get with the intertext journals
>count? I was surprised to have several format options available when
>I downloaded a couple of these books and the two page version looks
>very slick on my upgraded emate. There was at least one other format
>available to me in the package but I didn't test it.

Send me a copy pls. and let me take a look, I'm not sure. Sounds
interesting, though... Might be the thing we're looking for.

>Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2004 22:40:28 +1300
>From: Tony Kan <tony.kan_at_clear.net.nz>
>Subject: Re: [NTLK] Multi-format book packages (was Reformating Newton
>
>Just been thinking about this multi-format thang. What is the "universal"
>format option offered by Newton Press? Is this the sought after
>multiformat?

"Universal" is a lowest-common-denominator format. It works on all Newton
machines, but doesn't use the screen optimally, though (maybe on NOS 1.x?).
Even im NOS 2.0 I prefer classic to universal, and with NOS 2.1 formats the
loss is even greater. It's just using too small a window to be really
enjoyable, might as well use a Palm. ;=}

Better are the double-universal formats available to MP2k and eMate - it's
two universal pages next to each other, mimicking a proper books double
page spread. Haven't seen this in real life yet, as I've only got a MP 130.
And yes, classic does it well - nice column width (not too long, not too
short) makes for speedy reading without much skipping yer eyes about.

So, sorry - universal doesn't really cut it for me.

Cheers,

DJV.

The Original DJ Vollkasko's(TM) Newton eBook Editions

*** Get it here or from a www.UNNA.org near you! ***

New! Adorno, Theodor W. - On Popular Music (1941)

New! Debord, Guy - Introduction to a Critique of Urban Geography (1955),
English/German

New! Doyle, Sir Arthur Conan - Adventures of Brigadier Etienne Gerard (1903)
New! Doyle, Sir Arthur Conan - The Final Problem (S. Holmes feat. Moriarty)
New! Doyle, Sir Arthur Conan - The Valley of Fear (S. Holmes, Moriarty
mentioned)
New! Doyle, Sir Arthur Conan - When the World Screamed (1929) (feat.
Prof.Challenger)

Dunsany, Lord - 51 Tales (1915)
Dunsany, Lord - Book of Wonders
Dunsany, Lord - The Emperor's Crystal

New! Haggard, Henry Rider (1856-1925) - A Tale of Three Lions

Howard, Robert E. (1906-1936) - Rogues in the House
Howard, Robert E. (1906-1936) - Shadows in Zamboula (1935)
New! Howard, Robert E. (1906-1936) - The Devil in Iron (1934)
New! Howard, Robert E. (1906-1936) - The Tower of Elephant

Knigge, Adolph Freiherr von - Über den Umgang mit Menschen (1788)

Lovecraft, Howard Phillips (1889-1937) - Herbert West, Reanimator (1921-1922)
Lovecraft, Howard Phillips (1889-1937) - Pickman's Model (1926)
Lovecraft, Howard Phillips (1889-1937) - The Call of Cthulhu (1926)
Lovecraft, Howard Phillips (1889-1937) - The Cats of Ulthar (1920)

New! Whibley, Charles - A Book of Scoundrels

New! Wilde, Oscar - The Picture of Dorian Gray

*** Read them all today! ***

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html