Re: [NTLK] QuickfigurePro

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Sun Feb 22 2004 - 04:35:51 PST

on 2/21/04 9:29 PM, Dave Bellamy at dave_bellamy_at_mac.com wrote:

> Has anyone else had problems using Quick Figure Works with Excel? I have
> installed all the bits in the computer (Cube running 10.2.8) and the Newt
> (MP 200u) and when I launch Excel and then go to the QFW menu to launch it,
> Excel crashes. It would be really useful to be able to use my Newt for
> spreadsheets as well as word processing.
> Any ideas what I am doing wrong.

It's probably because this tool was designed back before the days that OS X
was even conceived in the mind of Steve Jobs, and definitely before Office
2002 or whatever is the latest... I crash Excel also, when I try to run the
Macro... It is dependant on some OS 9-only communication tools, running in
the OS 9 and earlier Communications Toolbox. I doubt we will ever get it to
work on the latest versions of Excel. Have you tried running an earlier
version of Excel under Classic? I just loaded Excel 98, ran the QFExchange
4.0 installer, and installed the QFExchange 3 package (from this folder on
UNNA: <http://toronto.unna.org/unna/applications/NewtonWorks/qfworks/ >) and
was able to upload my fuel conversion spreadsheet...!!!!! I'm amazed!

So, anybody want an Excel version of the NewtonWorks spreadsheet I use to
convert liters to gallons, and miles to km? ;-)

--
-Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland