Re: [NTLK] two questions

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 20 2004 - 18:25:32 PST

On Feb 20, 2004, at 1:31 PM, Ian Lewis wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I have a few problems that i can't seem to solve.
You are the only one.

> I have just ugraded my computer to 10.3 from OS 9.
> 1st thing i did was look around for a OS X pkg installer...Escale was
> the
> answer
Good choice. I like that one too.
> next i hooked up the ole newt to comp and connected (ethernet...i have
> no
> USB serial )
> But when i tried to install packages the newt said they were all
> damaged...
> i tried many of the packages on my computer that i know work and still
> nothing.
WHo said the packages were damaged? Escale? Or the Newton? Are you
sure that is what it said?
> then i remembered i can use classic and NCU ..but it was really messed
> up
> (ie crashed classic) so nothing there..... not sure what to do....
> (i have a 2100)

Both of your methods will work AOK. AS long as you have a righteous
ethernet/wireless setup...

Did you run the installer for NCU in classic? It works also.

Escale is still a little feista about throwing error messages. It
complains a lot to me, but seems to work too. Connections might need
to be reset or machines restarted occasionally.

Should be a newer build sometime soon though........

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html