Re: [NTLK] -48022 and No Dates

From: Matthew Reidsrow (junkmail_at_reidsrow.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 12:06:14 PST

On Feb 19, 2004, at 8:47 AM, David Abramowitz wrote:

> No, that's not my sperm count slogan, but rather a yucky situation I
> now find myself in after running a bad Dates sync. I can no longer
> bring up the Dates app (or TimeTrax, which is what I use instead). I
> get the -48022 error every time.

Can I ask what program you were trying to sync with? Were you using a
3rd party plug-in? Perhaps if we can figure out how the soup got
mangled, we can figure out to unmangle it. Or we can at least point a
finger at someone else, which is always helpful.

> I've tried resets, leaving everything 'unplugged and disconnected' for
> a while, sprays, powders, Whisk...Any ideas?

Since the Newton error database is extremely specific on this error
(http://tools.unna.org/errors/query.php?code=48022 : internal error:
something unexpected happened : really? thanks for that!) there isn't
much help in Whisk, which only helps positive errors. I used to get
this error occasionally from SimpleMail, but since the description is
so vague, I'm sure it is sort of a catch-all soup error. I just would
reset the Newt and it would be fine, but that won't seem to work for
you.

Matthew Reidsma
Boston, Mass, U.S.A.
matthew_at_reidsrow.com