Re: [NTLK] [NTLK]

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 08:25:20 PST

On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 10:49:04AM -0000, Graham, David wrote:

> futher to my previous post, is it actually possible to connect a Newt to a
> PCusing ethernet at all? Having checked out some of the connection FAQs
> around, it suggests this may not be possible...
>
> 3.5) What about NCU via ethernet?
>
> Well, that's a Mac only thing, and an NIE 2.0 only thing so if you have a
> Mac and an eMate or MP2x00, yeah, it works fine. Click here <ethernet.html>
> for my step-by-step guide to connecting your Mac to your Newton via ethernet

Basilisk II with the Appletalk bridged to the PC's ethernet hardware
works. I did this with my laptop all the time until the laptop got a
wireless rig that didn't speak Appletalk. (PB5300cs resumed its NCU
duties with shares mounted from the the BSD server via netatalk.)

--
52. I will hire a team of board-certified architects and surveyors to
    examine my castle and inform me of any secret passages and abandoned