[NTLK] [OT] Replying to digest mode using Mail.app

From: Michael Blazer (m.blazer_at_utoronto.ca)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 20:23:36 PST

This is sort of on topic for me, since NTLK is the only list I'm on
using digest mode. (It's getting so active that soon I will have to go
to metadigest mode!)

I had been using Outlook Express & then Entourage for mail, and their
"burst digests" function was great. Now I'm using Apple's Mail.app.
Neither the Jaguar nor the Panther version has this function, and I
haven't been able to find any utitilies to do this for me in OS X.

Does anyone have a tip for handling digest mode in Mail.app? It's fine
for reading, but I can't figure out an easy way to reply to an
individual posting without a whole lot of tedious cutting, pasting and
typing fake attribution lines.

Thanks,
Michael

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html