Re: [NTLK] I'm ashamed I have to ask this...

From: Jon Glass (jonglass_at_usa.net)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 08:35:33 PST

on 2/18/04 7:55 AM, Eric Engle at engleerica_at_yahoo.com wrote:

> The switch is a small grey square at the center of the case mybe 3mm+3mm+3mm
> (that would be 3 cubic mm, right?). Anyway the newton rechargable packs have a
> metal band around them to keep the batteries together and press the switch. I
> just use a piece of paper folded thre or four times over itself. But be
> careful, if you use something too large (don't use metal: paper is an
> insulator, metal is a conductor) you run the risk of breaking the newton
> compartments plastic feet whcih would be a drag.

Unfortunately, this only works in the 1X0 models. The 2100 requires a
special battery pack with circuitry in it. It's a bummer, really, but
true... So, in his case, it won't help. It may be that his battery is dead,
or is it possible that something is wrong with the power supply, and it's
not providing enough current to both charge the battery and run the Newton?
Would this damage the battery pack?

--
Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland