Re: [NTLK] I'm ashamed I have to ask this...

From: Newtopia (MicroSSG_at_Comcast.net)
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 06:59:29 PST

It's the original Newton Message Pad 9w adapter. I left the MP2100 plugged
in last night for around 3 hours and checked back, it was fully charged, but
the Dashboard utility always said discharging? This morning I plugged it in
again and now it says "Fast charging". Maybe the whole issue was related to
the battery cartridge not being charged for so long? I just bought 2 of
these battery packs from J & K Sales to rebuild, but I wanted to see what
kind of charge they would hold first.

I'll test this theory with the other Battery cartridge... Sure enough the
second battery says "Discharging" even when plugged in, according to
Dashboard. Maybe the MP2100 senses that the cartridge needs to be discharged
prior to charging, a conditioning routine?

Regards,

Paul Curtis - USA/OR
MP 120 v2.0/130/2100
Michigan State Spartans - Go Green! Go White!

> This is a genuine 2100 sealed battery pack, not the tray with
re-chargeable
> batteries...
>

>> I just got a power adapter for the MP2100 and when plugged in it doesn't
>> appear to charge the battery, I tap the battery on Dashboard and it says
> the
>> battery is discharging and the power is coming from AC.
>>
>> I am assuming that if a battery pack is plugged into the MP and you plug
>> power to it from the adapter that it would charge the battery, no?
>
> Is this a genuine rechargeable battery pack of a regular battery tray that
> you filled with rechargeable cells?

So, you can run on the battery pack? But it won't recharge? What adapter are
you using?

-Laurent.

choke v.: 1. [common] To reject input, often ungracefully. "NULs make System
V's lpr(1) choke." "I tried building an EMACS binary to use X, but cpp(1)
choked on all those #defines." See barf, gag, vi. 2. [MIT] More generally,
to fail at any endeavor, but with some flair or bravado; the popular
definition is "to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory."
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html