Re: [NTLK] OT Palm dropping support for mac

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 11:16:38 PST

On Feb 17, 2004, at 10:10 AM, Robert Benschop wrote:

> On 17-feb-04, at 18:14, David M. Ensteness wrote:
>> I also am unclear how laser size would impact it since the same
>> amount of data is present on the copy as the original.
>
> Picture the data written in a choppy way, ever seen a CD player insides
> when it turns?
> Probably one of worst designs in mechanical engineering, still beats
> how they got it to sway so much.

Sorry this is just flat out wrong. The whole you cab hear a copy from
an original thing can't be so.

if you could somehow differentiate between different blanks or whatnot,
  the only possible explanation for this would be some sort of inferior
audio CD reader.

Obviously since these "copies" are exact digital reproductions, there
is no way you could "hear" a difference.

If you could then any data written by such a CDR would have massive
problems when being read don't you think?

Programatic data is much more sensitive to such problems and would fail
immediately and repeatably...

Marty

PS Stop digital madness!

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html