Re: [NTLK] OT Palm dropping support for mac

From: Robert Benschop (rbenschop_at_euronet.nl)
Date: Tue Feb 17 2004 - 10:10:30 PST

On 17-feb-04, at 18:14, David M. Ensteness wrote:
> I also am unclear how laser size would impact it since the same
> amount of data is present on the copy as the original.

Picture the data written in a choppy way, ever seen a CD player insides
when it turns?
Probably one of worst designs in mechanical engineering, still beats
how they got it to sway so much.

Some high-end CD players will tell you when they do fault corrections,
if they're sensitive enough they'll come on more often with certain
copied discs.
Try and burn a CD on top speed and one on 1x and see if you can hear
the difference.

Part of my system is on http://www.newaudiofrontiers.com/
The integrated 825 SE and the Reference Two speakers, new prices (not
what I paid ;-) are on:
http://www.rikstoet.nl/shop/nl/dept_244.html (in Dutch)

Robert Benschop

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html