Re: [NTLK] Ladys and Gentlemen, we have a new rumor!

From: Peter Cameron (pdwc_at_sympatico.ca)
Date: Sun Feb 15 2004 - 09:06:32 PST

on 14/02/04 6:23 PM, Bret Feinblatt at bafein_at_mac.com wrote:
> Well, the NOS is good, no question, but still room for improvement. If
> there weren't, we wouldn't be using all sorts of additional items like
> Dashboard (indispensable IMO), NuDrop and others.
    I'd say that's why the Newton OS is so good. It provides a base set of
functions and is usable out of the box with no additions. For some of us
Dashboard is essential, for others it would be annoying ... the Newton OS
doesn't force things to be done in a certain way as the hooks are there to
allow a different interface for those who want it.
    I certainly would not like to see a desktop-like OS on a PDA ... if I
did, I'd have a PocketPC.

> The big screen is a tossup - I like the extra real estate, but I'm not
> too wild about the fact that it's only a pocket computer if you wear a
> vintage 1978 leisure suit....
    The big screen is one of the Newt's great features. OK, it's a brick,
but it's easy to see and you can get a lot of info on the screen at one
time.

Peter

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html