[NTLK] Backups anyone?

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 18:13:43 PST

Okay - heres the scoop - NBU and NCU in classic REFUSE to finish
backing up my newton - they hang in os 9 partway through backing up
packages.

My linear flash card is going flaky (only mounts 1 in 10 times I try,
other times my mp2100 asks If I want to reformat it), and I want to
back up my DATA - appointements, todos, quotes, notes, etc, everything
BUT the actual packages themselves - but NCU and NBU demand a full
backup on the first try - so I can't deselect the packages from the
backup process until AFTER one full backup - which I can't get.

HELP! - Are there any other backup programs? Any ideas regarding the
flash card besides backing it up and erasing it? Then restoring
packages from original downloads - and data from a backup?

---
List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html