Re: [NTLK] Ladys and Gentlemen, we have a new rumor!

From: Nathan Turnage (nturnage_at_andadv.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 09:24:57 PST

My point is that there were alot of devices for playing MP3s from
Napster (man I miss the real napster). Like USB, things were growing
stagnant as there were no market-leading devices, along comes Apple, and
everyone is now scrambling to catch up. The PDA industry has now grown
stagnant with no true market-leading devices, and right about now is
when Apple normally makes its appearance...

Like I said, I hope the guy is right, but I am not holding my breath.
And I certainly wouldn't bit until the Rev.B device.

-Nate

L A GREEN wrote:
I BEG to differ. my attentoin was caught by the rio riot mp3 player and
i love it the only reason more folks didnt get it was similar to
newtons, bigger, more expensive and more of what folks thought they
needed. then ipods droped into the picture with sumthing small and cute
and wala....
>>1. Wasn't the MP3 player market completely saturated before Apple came
>>along and shook things up?
-> Nah, not really. There was a selection of different devices, but
-> nothing that really captured public attention like the iPod did. Apple
-> saw an opportunity there, an opening that really isn't there in the
-> same way in the PDAs.

-> By now, the PDA market is much better established than the MP3 market
-> was; and while most people here like to sneer at the Palm platform,
-> many people who use the devices find them very useful.

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html