Re: [NTLK] Ladys and Gentlemen, we have a new rumor!

From: L A GREEN (lagoff11_at_yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 13 2004 - 07:51:07 PST

OK i read most of the article and it said it was gonna run osx or a version of it. if it were going to run anything newton like im sure that would have been mentioned. we all know how steve feels about anything newton so dont go gettin your hopes up about the possibility of a newton remix. i swear those rumor guys just do stuff like this just to get attention to their sites every couple of months. pribably another hoax like the one last week i would think by now u all would no this, but i'll say it anyway.... DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE.

mho of course,

LAG
Eric Engle <engleerica_at_yahoo.com> wrote:
Yeah, and I'm sure it will run hyperCard and sync with Quicktakes.

Of COURSE I want to believe apple is making a PDA. OF COURSE I would buy the
PDA. BUT the market was saturated according to Jobs and Apple was in no
financial condition to contest it (which was true). The market is even more
saturated now, though apple is in better condition financially.

Anyway, they did make iPod/iTunes so, "sure, why not?"

If it runs NOS and NewtonScript I would be ecstatic. If it exists I bet it runs
on a strongarm processor, and might be a near zaurus clone (e.g. zaurus with
N.O.S.) if if if if

Rumors ugh, worse than no hope, generally are only false hope. Thats probably
why no one has commented.