Re: [NTLK] Off-list (was:208 Errors in Mail V)

From: David M. Ensteness (denstene_at_mac.com)
Date: Thu Feb 12 2004 - 08:18:14 PST

Robert,

I have often said that a lot more on this list should be kept off-list,
and I have been corrected on-list by many, many people who feel that it
should all be kept on.

That is said so that you realize I know where you are coming from.

Now, in relation to this topic, I am having trouble with an e-mail
application, I sent him debug info from that e-mail application because
that was the only method available to me ... if the e-mail did not get
through to him I would have no way of knowing ... so it makes sense
that I drop a second note to the list so that he knows he *should* have
gotten a private e-mail from me. I didn't send my debug code to the
list.

Besides, several people have been discussing the same 208 errors and
.Mac receiving issues so it will probably make them feel better that I
sent him the input so that he can help us all out by explaining the
error. That is rather beneficial wouldn't you say?

I recognize your name from the list but so far as I know Victor is
basically the only moderator, this is not to minimize you, but I always
look a little cross-eyed when random members e-mail each other
"reminders" like this. Hope you understand.

David

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html