Re: [NTLK] Messagepad 130 internet

From: Bruce E. Durocher II (bedii_at_qwest.net)
Date: Wed Feb 11 2004 - 15:59:27 PST

On Wednesday, February 11, 2004, at 09:29 AM, Anil wrote:

> Hi Bruce,
>
> So can't they fix these things in the States?

        It took me six months to find one to buy! They were only sold from a
small storefront in New York, with very little advertising. I probably
need a new set of ni-cads, and the case needs some TLC: someone before
I got it had been prying at the trim. There's dust behind the plastic
that protects the LCD as well. I know that the outfit that designed
them for the manufacturer will do repair work, but they want you to use
registered mail to send it and are expecting it to be shipped to them
from inside the U.K. I could always give up on it and get one of their
"CyKey" keyboards, but I refuse to get a keyboard for my Newton that
costs more than the computer and all it's accessories did when I bought
it... Grumble, grumble, grumble.

> Kindest regards
>
> Anil K Solanki
> United Kingdom, MP 2100, MP 130
>
> On Feb 11, 2004, at 16:47, Bruce E. Durocher II wrote:
>>
>> Yes, but in the U.K. I could get my Agenda MicroWriter fixed, or find
>> one of the keyboard only MicroWriters, or maybe even get a used copy
>> of
>> "The Do-It-Yourself Animation Book" without paying fifty dollars or
>> so.
>> (What I *really* wish is that I could set up a MicroWriter with my
>> Newton--I'd be a much happier man.)

Bruce E. Durocher II
bedii_at_qwest.net

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html