Re: [NTLK] Good/Bad guys, PCs and Macs, Newtons and iPAQs

From: Rhonda Hyslop (0x7ff00025_at_paradox.homeip.net)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 14:58:40 PST

* Michael Cox <mcox_at_cdinc.net> [ 6 Feb 2004 16:59]:
> You might be interested to know that the Mars Rovers run Java on...yep, Linux.

Actually, as I recall, Spirit and Opportunity run on vxworks - which is
a kind of unix but certainly isn't linux. (My other half, who programs
vxworks in another embedded system, commented after the recent flash
error on Spirit that he'd never complain about debugging their system
over ethernet again...)

No arguments about the rest of your post though :-)

-Rhonda

--
 www.write-on.indy || www.write-on.org   \/  http://history.ubcengineers.ca/
  Discuss the art and craft of writing   /\   UBC Engineers History Project