Re: [NTLK] [OT] Sudden monitor death

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 10:40:57 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Edwards
Date: Saturday, February 07, 2004 6:11 AM
Subject: Re: [NTLK] [OT] Sudden monitor death

On crt monitors they use eht to drive the tube, you have to be careful
about temperature changes, specifically going from cool to warm, if the
glass is cool and you introduce warm air it tends to condense on the
glass with the result that eht tracks down the back (inside the case)
*snip*
Yes that is one reason that new equipment is packaged in plastic bags to
stop condensation. I always package cold equipment in bags when bringing it
in a warm room an let it warm up for several hours to make sure the CRT is
well acclimated to the inside temperature before I remove the bag.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html