Re: [NTLK] simple mail I mean Mail V!

From: Simon Bell (simonbell_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Feb 07 2004 - 05:23:29 PST

On 6 Feb, 2004, at 7:52 pm, Robert Serna wrote:

> I just tried sending a .pict, .jpg, .gif and .wav files to my Newton
> like I usually do (1st time sending wav because I just received my
> audio dongle from Daniel Padilla! you rock Daniel!!) and it was a no
> go

Do you mean the download failed, or there was an error when you tap the
message to view the image? If the download failed, a debug log would
help pinpoint the cause. If viewing the image failed, a BugTrap log
would help. Try sending the images to me so I can reproduce the error.

> The wav file downloaded with no issue but I couldn't open it because
> of the infamous "not installed & cannot be displayed response"

What does the error message say EXACTLY? Are you sure you've installed
Mail V's Audio Stationery? (The old SimpleMail stationery won't work
with Mail V.)

> my emails came through but I have to check my all items folder not my
> unfiled folders like in Simple mail

Messages are filed in a folder named for your IMAP account (the
Description you enter in the Mail V setup). You need to change to that
folder (or All Items as you say) to view them.

Simon

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html