Re: [NTLK] simple mail I mean Mail V!

From: Robert Serna (japecan_at_newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 18:12:01 PST

ok just downloaded Mail V to my Dell laptop (but I removed all simple mail packages & extensions off the Newton first) then used expander to get my packages! went into Mail V folder tried downloading the 11 packages & mail V debug didn't download (I downloaded all the packages to a clean 8mb card via NCU serially)! I'll live with that for now. Put the new card with Mail V in my Newton tapped inOut then receive & started to see progress that it was downloading 1 of 56 emails & the Newton completed the download in 100 seconds! Much master then before! Then I thought I would compare the download speed so I put my original card with simple mail on it & got a -48418 error code looked it up didn't understand explanation tried reset still cant access & I'm still getting same error code? So I put the Mail V card back in started to read emails no more delete remote action field (that was a nice feature so you can leave it on the server for later) checked my in box folder & now I see six folders I never saw before sta
rting with newted.dyndns.org...? I do have an account with newted thou. tapped the Pref section & tapped help & it works on Mail V! I couldn't get that to work on Simple mail! But it looks the same so far! need to see if viewing images & documents attached works too! Will keep list posted! I have been using simple mail as my main email software, for all my newtontalk emails (not the digest mode) correspondence with job hunting which is about 90% since 9/2003!
sent with a Newton Message Pad 2100

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html