Re: [NTLK] Bad guys use PCs

From: Donald Wilson (marchie_at_mac.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 11:33:27 PST

As someone that works Tech Support for an ISP, I can tell you that we see
more probems w/ Dells and eMachines' than anything else.

A computer really is a case of you get what you pay for. WalMart and Dell
might be able to sell you a computer for $300-$600 but it's made from the
cheapest parts they can get.

We have people that have worked at other ISP's than ours and the cheap
modems Dell puts in mosst of their systems are ALWAYS causing problems.

The cheap controller chips often used by the mass producers of computers
will return bad info and fubar windows constantly, leading to driver
reinstalls, etc.

and lets not get into the "Customized" versions of Windows that Dell puts
out that ends up A) Add/Remove Programs not working and B) not recognizing
the Key code that's actually printed on the CD they give you, if XP asks
you for it.

Get your PC built for you, to your specs, at your local computer shop. not
only will you be happier, but you'll support your local economy, and get a
better computer w/ better support should something go wrong.

~Donald

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html