Re: [NTLK] Q: Printing to HP LJ Plus PS (local, network) - advice and printer drivers appreciated

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Fri Feb 06 2004 - 12:40:11 PST

On Feb 6, 2004, at 6:28 AM, Johannes Wolf wrote:

> If you want to connect directly to your Printer:
>
> LocalTalk needs special hardware, not just a simple Mac serial cable:
> this
> is in your case at least 2 LT termination boxes and a LT connection
> cable
> inbetween.

That's wrong. I used to think that also, until desperation proved
otherwise.

  Localtalk actually works great over any of the Apple "peripheral
eight" type cables.

So, your imagewriter or deskwriter printer cable will work perfectly to
connect two devices via localtalk.

I've done it many times in a pinch.

Marty

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html