Re: [NTLK] adding cities to the popup list

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 20:27:46 PST

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason T. Nelson
Date: Thursday, February 05, 2004 5:04 PM
Subject: [NTLK] adding cities to the popup list

I know I've done this before.. but somehow, I can neither remember nor
figure
out how I added a city to the Newton's internal list of cities to pick. I
was feeling pretty optimistic with AddCity 1.6, but that just adds one
temporarily to the Timezone app, definitely not the system's list. Can
anyone
point me at a resource that makes this possible?
---------------
If you mean in the Napes app "city" picker, just add someone to Names and in
the address put in the city you want to be in the picker, close that slip
and next time it will be in the list. I forget how many it holds but at
least 10 cities.

Some apps can use the TimeZones, so if the app you are asking about does not
keep the City after you enter it in the picker, it probably needs to be in
the TimeZones as well. If that is the case just go into TimeZones and hit
new, fill in the city name, area code, lat/long, GMT offset etc and then it
should be in the list. If not immediately then after you enter it once in
the app's "city/location" picker.

-Dan

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html