Re: [NTLK] Need a new backlight

From: Johannes Wolf (mp2100_at_mail-gw.estec.esa.int)
Date: Thu Feb 05 2004 - 00:24:56 PST

Do not believe it would be that easy...
The BL foil has a certain capacitance that needs to be matched to the Newts
BL driver, in case it is not matched, the BL either sucks an awful amount of
current or it is just bloody dim...
The other aspect: one foil does not equal another one in terms of uniformity
and granularity.
As I stated before - I watched the long process of the german BL project
searching for the optimum foil and I know what I am talking about.
And last but not least: a foil without proper electrical connections is
pretty useless, because we do not have the means to make a proper and
reliable electrical connection to such BL foils...

So far to the hardware...

Cheers
Johannes

List FAQ/Etiquette/Terms: http://www.newtontalk.net/faq.html