Re: [NTLK] Escale -28009 errors

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot_at_kallisys.net)
Date: Wed Feb 04 2004 - 04:21:12 PST

Aux environs du 4/02/04 à 2:07 -0500, sous le titre "Re: [NTLK]
Escale -28009 errors", Joshua Johnston prit sa plus belle plume pour
écrire les mots suivants:
>I hadn't heard of the nightly package, and am kinda curious as to why a
>rather old version is the one you're suggesting?

Nightly builds allow us to break things. This version I'm suggesting
is known to work and fix most of the problems in 1.0 and 1.0.1.

>I did replace the
>TCP/IP Dock module with 1.1. I'm downloading it now, albeit... very,
>very slowly. At this rate I might have it sometime tomorrow morning
>after I wake up.

This was fixed as well.

>Eh, pardon my rant. It's late, I'm tired, and I really think a 'New
>Owners' site, if not just a page, might be a damn fine thing to help
>what I can almost see to be sort of a Newton Renaissance.

Well, you're right. It's been a while since we want to release a new
updated version of Escale. However, Nicolas, Michael and I are not
working full time on this project or on Newton projects in general.
We also have jobs, family, friends, other activities and need to
sleep from time to time.
Feel free to donate some of your time to the community as well
writing pages (for example in the Newton Wiki) or whatever.

Regards,

Paul

--
Philosophie de baignoire - consultations sur rendez-vous.
NPDS/NewtonOS: http://newton.kallisys.net:8080/