Re: [NTLK] connecting to pc

From: Sonny Hung (sonnyhung_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sun Dec 26 2004 - 19:56:05 PST

On Sun, 26 Dec 2004 15:54:05 -0800, paul oberman <poberman_at_mac.com> wrote:
> http://www.pauloberman.com/serialplug.gif

Paul,

The PURPLE connector is a serial connection for serial printing. This
can be used with a 25/9 Adapter (which was included with the PC Newton
cable when I purchased the NBU for my MP100)

The GREEN connector is the regular COM Port used with the 9 pin male
to Serial (Mac) to the Newton.

The 25/9 Adapter is often thrown away by many as it was included in
the old days by companies to use with modems. Most stores sell them
for $1 - $5 each. If you go to larger retail chains it may go for $7
to $15. Way too much....

I would suggest the 9 Pin to NIC connector if you don't need to use
the keyboard or will not be using it with w Newt that requires a
Serial (Mac) connector.

The 9 Pin to Serial (Mac) is more flexible for use and I have both
depending on use.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung