[NTLK] Getting packages onto a MP2000

From: Jamie Wilde (octarine_at_compsoc.man.ac.uk)
Date: Sat Aug 28 2004 - 03:18:09 PDT

Hey,
I recently acquired a MessagePad 2000 and am trying to get it hooked up
to my network. I have both an Orinoco Silver 802.11b card, and a 3com
10Mbit ethernet card with which to do this, however the problem is that
I can't get the packages to support these devices onto the MP2000!
I don't really want to spend cash on a serial adaptor that I will only
use a couple of times. I have an old MP120 with a localtalk port and
cable, which I can hook up to my old luggeable LC475 to transfer
packages to the MP120, and I have flash cards that I can use to trade
packages between the two Newts. What I can't do, it seems, is load the
NIE2.0 ethernet components onto the card when it's in the MP120,
(running NOS 2.0) because it tells me that it's incompatible and then
deletes itself :(
I have a modem and NetHopper/NewtsCape on the MP2000 but the connection
through the phone-line is unpredictable at best, and I can't seem to
download any .pkg files using it.
Nethopper claims not to know what the files are, and NewtsCape just
sits there doing nothing.

Does anyone have any ideas that can save me spending 35 UKP on a serial
adaptor?

thanks

jim