Re: [NTLK] MP2000u Not Recognizing the Keyboard

From: Peter H. Coffin (hellsop_at_ninehells.com)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 14:55:15 PDT

On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 01:52:45PM -0700, Martin Joseph wrote:
> Assuming both your systems have the right system updates and you have
> tried a soft rest prior to hooking up the keyboard, I am going to say
> it looks like your keyboard might be wacky.
>
> Take a very careful look at the plug on the keyboard and the wire too...
>
> If those all look good, it might be something inside the keyboard.
> Tough to say, but since it worked occasionally it sounds like it might
> just be a cold solder joint or a partial (intermittent short or more
> likely open).

Check also for lumps, kinks, or nicks in the keyboard cable. The thing
is VERY thin and there's a LOT of very tiny wires in that cable sheath.
They are pretty easy to damage.

--
18. I will not have a son. Although his laughably under-planned attempt to
    usurp power would easily fail, it would provide a fatal distraction at a