[NTLK] MP2000u Not Recognizing Modem

From: Steele Campbell (the.vampire_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Aug 27 2004 - 12:11:14 PDT

Hi Folks,

YAMPP (Yet another MessagePad Problem). I received an Optima 144
Data+Fax 14.4kbps PCMCIA modem with my Newton to connect to the
Internet. When I tap on Internet Setup and then on Generic, I am
presented with only Ethernet and AppleTalk, no modem.

However, if I go into Calls and place a call using the modem, it will
detect that there is no dialtone but that there is a modem.

And yes, when the card is inserted it says "A communications card has
been inserted" on the slip.

--
Thank you kindly.
-Steele