Re: [NTLK] SER-001 Board

From: Martin Howard (mvhoward_at_mac.com)
Date: Mon Aug 16 2004 - 01:16:20 PDT

On Aug 16, 2004, at 00:24, Sean Riddle wrote:

> I've heard that the interconnect port for the MPs is not hard to
> damage, and was looking into getting an SER-001 board. Is this hard to
> install? I looked at the website of mrpcbman, but the pictures on the
> site aren't very informative. Also, does the installation change the
> dimensions of the MP? (I don't see how it couldn't)

I can't tell you how difficult it was to install, because I had mine
installed by the people from whom I bought it (at the time that I
bought the Newt itself). However, I can tell you that it does not
change the dimensions of the machine at all. In fact, when the little
flap covering the power port, dongle port, and SER-001 mini-DIN 8 port
is closed, you cannot see any difference at all.

Since I've never owned a Newton without a SER-001 board installed, and
since the SER-001 looks factory installed, it makes me wonder what
*was* there before the SER-001 was installed...

M.