Re: [NTLK] Newbie Newtie

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 18:57:05 PDT

> Would it be worthwhile to disassemble a not-yet-to-break newt and pot the
> connector with epoxy so it's held onto the circuit board by more than the
> solder joints/pins?
>
> I didn't see this suggested in the go-round that you pointed out.

Actually that has been done by people so it is possible. And some have
even fixed such a connector then either sealed it or used screws to
fasten the connector to the board. But it is not a job for the novice
and probably cheaper to just get another Newt. However it is possible
at least. Personally I would rather use screws becuase if you had
something go wrong, epoxy is a real bugger to remove.

-Dan