Re: [NTLK] Case

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 13:11:42 PDT

*snip*

> I've seen many soft or leather cases mentioned here on newtontalk - but
> has anyone ever seen or heard of a solid plastic (or aluminum) sleeve
> for our newts?
*snip*

Not sold plastic of aluminum but they did make some out of neoprene
rubber. One was called Newtboot and the other was called Newtsuit.
Both are hard to come by. But I think you can find something made of
neoprene made for something else that will fit. And with the abuse your
Newt gets, I would suggest getting one. I think it is probably the only
thing that will protect it enough when you are talking heavy books in a
backpack.

However I think *Some* kind of padded leather case would be better than
nothing. And I think J&K still have those black leather "play through"
cases where you flip the cover back over the top (if not probably can
find them on ebay). It does not hold any extra cards or anything but
the cover has a metal peice in the leather that protects the screen.
Personally I would get that if you can't find something better.

-Dan