Re: [NTLK] Case

From: James Nichols (smilr_at_mac.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 22:07:50 PDT

I personally wonder if anyone has ever made a hard case for the mp2100
format - I often toss my newton in my backpack with various books, the
occasional laptop, pens, laptop power supplies, cameras etc. One night,
after SEVERAL hours spent in a darkroom getting an assignment together
for the next day, I came home and dropped my backpack off my shoulders
to the floor. I'm 6 ft 2 inches, and a 2 inch thick biology text book
decided that it would take such a trip as plenty of excuse to damage my
newton.

The door was closed, and the newton in a seperate pocket, but I'm
guessing a corner of the book landed RIGHT on the door - cracking my
digitizer / glass. Frank G. sold me a replacement digitizer/glass and
the newt is working again - but I'm worried about things hurting it
again.

I've seen many soft or leather cases mentioned here on newtontalk - but
has anyone ever seen or heard of a solid plastic (or aluminum) sleeve
for our newts?