Re: [NTLK] WiFi question

From: Laurent Daudelin (Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com)
Date: Thu Aug 12 2004 - 10:43:25 PDT

On 12/08/04 12:39, "David Hitt" <dhitt_at_hatbag.net> wrote:

> I have the WiFi on my MP2100 working properly at home, but when I bring
> it to the office and try to connect, I get an error saying "An error
> occured in OpenLink. Problem connecting. DHCP server unavailable or
> unable to configure this device. Error = 60088."
>
> And, yes, there is a free public WiFi hotspot here. I've used my iBook
> with both my home and office wireless networks without having to
> reconfigure anything, but the Newt's fine with the one at home but the
> not the one at work.

I had a similar problem with mine, with a Farallon Etherwave. It has always
been fine when using my Linksys cable/dsl router. But yesterday, a storm and
some electrical surge, I can only assume, knocked out my Linksys router for
the 2nd time. So, since I have a Snow AirPort Base Station (with dual
Ethernet ports), I've tried to put it to work until I get a new router (and
no, it won't be a Linksys this time!), but when I tried my Newton using
DHCP, I've got the very same error you're getting, which I never had before.
So, it seems the Newton is a little bit more picky (or the DHCP engine is
buggy) because my PowerBook had no problem using DHCP with the ABS...

-Laurent.

Laurent Daudelin                 Developer, Multifamily, ESO, Fannie Mae
mailto:Laurent_Daudelin_at_fanniemae.com                Washington, DC, USA