Re: [NTLK] Case

From: Martin Joseph (martyNT_at_barknaturalpet.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 11:41:13 PDT

On Aug 11, 2004, at 5:06 AM, Steven DeRyke wrote:

> I don't get it I see all these messages about cases for the Newton -
> why? I like the Newton bare so to speak. The cover on the 2100
> provides all the protection the screen needs (which is why I bought a
> Sharp Expert Pad for my first Newton). I hate carrying anything I
> don't need and the cases just add bulk. I have an 8 Mb card in one
> slot and a Ethernet card in the other - what more could anyone
> possibly want. Then I just carry it or it goes into my briefcase with
> a book and papers or else my PC case with my Powerbook depending on
> where I am headed.

I agree completely, but I guess we nudists of Newton are a minority
based on the case threads over the years...

I put the Newton into my larger briefcase/bag if I am going on a
technical trouble call, otherwise I carry it naked. If I have my big
bag, then I also have an AC adapter, a spare battery, my modem,
ethernet card and wireless card (I keep the Bluetooth card in these
days.

True the newtons case is pretty beat up, but hey, it still works
PERFECTLY and has never lost a bit of data.

Marty