Re: [NTLK] Dead touchscreen?

From: Dan (dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com)
Date: Wed Aug 11 2004 - 11:34:15 PDT

> Opening up the case a third time, I noticed that my screen cable was pinched
> in the hinge, and knowing that could cause problems, I carefully fixed that.
> It's my understanding that that cable only affects the actual display, not
> the touchscreen - am I right about that?

I hate to say it but that cable is for both the display and touchscreen.
  I have heard of many cases when the hinge went bad, punctured the
cable, and screen worked but the touchscreen didn't. I would think you
need a new cable now. You might try disconnecting and reconnecting the
cable to see if it came loose a little bit, but other than it is a case
of damaged cable. The only good thing is that these parts are being
made again and you can get replacements. Although make sure you use a
good supplier, I am sure others on the list can chime in about this.

-Dan