Re: [NTLK] LCD Messagepad 110 Repair?

From: Frank Gruendel (newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de)
Date: Tue Aug 10 2004 - 13:59:56 PDT

>It seems to be off more and more towards the bottom
>of the screen (maybe a 1/4") but enough to give a hard
>time when trying to click. Does anyone have
>any ideas on how to realign this or obtain a LCD for
>a replacement?

Small alignment problems can be solved by "cheating",
i. e. tapping slightly off the center of the Xs during
the alignment procedure.
If this won't cure things, you won't need a new LCD, but
the digitizer (touchscreen). I've never had the chance
to disassemble a 110 yet, so I can't say for sure, but if
the display unit is the same as in the 120 and 130 models,
I might be able to help you.

Cheers

Frank

-- Newton Software and Hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de