Re: [NTLK] Before I leave, I must dispel a myth

From: Rick Ludwig (bensisko_at_mac.com)
Date: Sat Aug 07 2004 - 06:48:05 PDT

I'd have to agree, the Palm did nothing too well except for remain
simple (that also means it lacked any kind of advanced
features/capabilities). I also agree with Jon that the cornerstone of
the Palm empire is the One-press hotsync.
I disagree with Martin in that just because something can do 25 things
out of the box, that doesn't mean that it's not going to do them ALL
well. Take the Pocket PC, it does all the basic PIM things VERY well
(MUCH better than Palm), but it also plays video and music, a web
browser and many other features, and it does the extras pretty well
(there's always room for imrpovement). If a developer spent time trying
to make everything perfect, you would NEVER see a product.

-Rick